Check out my blog:
Filled with lessons learned
from over 20 years
of working with smart
business owners and consultants.
| hat Do Ghostwriters Cost?
One of the first things people naturally want to know about working with a ghostwriter is what will it cost. While I can’t give you specific cost estimates without knowing a lot about your project, here are the types of payment arrangements I make:
- For articles, op-eds, letters, brochures, white papers, or similar non-book-length projects, I provide fee estimates that will not be exceeded without your prior approval. Out-of-pocket expenses are extra, but these are usually minimal, and include such things as overnight deliveries, long distance phone, postage, and the cost of articles obtained on line during research. A down payment is required from all new clients.
- For book proposals, I am paid in one of two ways: I write book proposals for fee that varies based on several factors, including the amount of research required, whether you have written an initial draft of the proposal, and whether I have to write or edit the sample chapter that must be included with the proposal.
- I also write proposals under a contract that specifies that I will receive 60 percent of any advance received from a publisher. In such cases, your only cost is for out-of-pocket expenditures such as those described above.
- For books, again, I am paid in one of two ways:
I write in partnership with authors with my name to be included on
the jacket. In this case, I receive a portion of the advance paid by the publisher and of all earnings of the book.
- I ghostwrite books for set fees established in advance of the start of work. These fees vary greatly depending on the length of the book and the complexity of the topic, among other things.
Please contact me to begin the process of finding out exactly how much your project will cost.